The Board of Commissioners of Ward Six Fire Protection District No. One of Calcasieu Parish will have a public meeting on Wednesday, Apr. 12 at 7 p.m., at the Ward Six Fire Station, at 108 Marcantel Rd.
The meeting agenda is as follows:
- Call to Order, Pledge, Prayer, Roll Call.
- Consideration of approving the minutes of the meeting held on Mar. 8, 2023.
- Presentation of information by Chief Todd Parker inreference to agenda item #5.
- Public input.
- Consideration to adopt a Resolution ordering and calling a special election to be held in Fire Protection District No. One of Ward Six of Calcasieu Parish on Oct. 14, authorizing the levy and collection of a special tax in lieu of an existing ad valorem tax currently collected therein which currently expires Dec. 31, 2027 for the purpose of acquiring, constructing, improving, maintaining or operating fire protection facilities, machinery and equipment, including both real and personal property, and purchasing fire trucks and other firefighting equipment to be used in giving fire protection to the property within the District; making application to the State Bone Commission in connection therewith; and proving for other matters in connection therewith.
- Receive report on daily operations of the department.
- Any other matters for consideration.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, if you need special assistance, contact Teri Parker at 337-786-2775, describing the assistance that is necessary.