By Sarah Puerta
Kindergarten Registration for the 2022-23 school year at DeQuincy Primary School will take place Monday through Wednesday, Apr. 11-13 by appointment.
Children born on or before Sept. 30, 2017 are eligible to enroll in Kindergarten for the 2022-23 school year.
Students currently enrolled in the Pre-K program at DeQuincy Primary and who live within the attendance zone will automatically be enrolled in Kindergarten for next year. It is not necessary to re-register Pre-K students for Kindergarten at DPS.
The following documents are required to enroll your child for Kindergarten:
- Copy of parent/guardian photo ID
- Two current utility bills with the service address listed. One must be the electricity service statement. Signed lease/rental agreements are also accepted, provided the parent’s name is on the lease. If the utility bills are in the name of a homeowner other than the parent/guardian, a notarized statement signed by the homeowner must accompany the bills, as well as the homeowner’s photo ID.
- Copy of child’s birth certificate and Social Security card.
- Copy of immunizations documents.
- Any applicable legal documents, including custody orders, foster care placement, or adoption paperwork.
All students living outside of the DPS attendance zone (including Pre-K students currently enrolled who live out of zone) must complete and submit an Out of Zone application to the CPSB Child Welfare and Attendance office.
These applications may be picked up at the CWA office located at 2423 Sixth St. in Lake Charles. You may also email firstname.lastname@example.org for the necessary out-of-zone forms.
The deadline for Out of Zone applications is May 31.
To make an appointment for Kindergarten registration, call the school office at 337-217-4650.