Qualifying for the Nov. 3 Presidential General/Congressional Primary Election has been rescheduled to Wednesday through Friday, July 22-24 pursuant to Act. No. 28 of the 2020 Louisiana Legislature.
All candidates for local municipal races will qualify with their parish clerk of court. Appointments are required. Due to current protocols, candidates are requested to call and schedule an appointment before coming in to qualify. Contact one of the Co-Directors of Elections: Jean Ann East email@example.com or 337-437-3558 Ext. 123; or Princella Ryan firstname.lastname@example.org or 337-437-3558 Ext. 144.
All candidates for U.S. Representatives, U.S. Senators, Associate Justices of the Supreme Court, Court of Appeal Judges and Public Service Commissioners will qualify at the Louisiana State Archives located at 3851 Essen Lane in Baton Rouge. Hours of operation for the secretary of state are 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. daily. Check with your local clerk of court for specific parish hours.
In response to COVID-19, some qualifying procedures have changed:
- Qualifying will be held at the Louisiana State Archives: 3851 Essen Lane, Baton Rouge, LA 70809
- Candidates are asked to bring a maximum of one additional person to the signing room as they file their paperwork.
- The media is invited to attend qualifying, however (due to social distancing) they will not be allowed to be in the signing rooms as candidates file their paperwork.
- The media will have an opportunity to interview candidates, after they file their paperwork, in the Archives auditorium.
- In accordance with public health guidelines; masks are required (Proclamation No. 89 JBE 2020) and social distancing measures will be in place.
Once qualified, candidates will appear on the secretary of state’s website in real-time on the home page at www.sos.la.gov.
The fall elections will be held on Tuesday, Nov. 3, 2020, and Saturday, Dec. 5.
For more information on qualifying, visit the secretary of state’s website at www.sos.la.gov.